- In reasonably good shape
- Less than 28' long (too many people had told us over 28' the towing gets harder)
- Something we could just do an interior facelift on
- A fairly quick turn around on the remodel time frame
- Well priced
- Not already remodeled by someone else
- Hopefully in driving distance to pick up
- Pre 1971 so you had the real wood cabinets
- Post Mid 60's so it wasn't literally falling apart
- A queen bed or space for a queen bed
Then one night the ad appeared: a 22' 1965 Safari Airstream International that was extremely clean, everything was working and it had been lightly used. We were on it! And it was only about 2 hours from our home. We were stunned at what good shape it was in. It was exactly what we had been looking for and the price was fair. No water damage, the floor was solid, the axle appears to be strong, there were new tires on it, the AC and refrigerator worked. Anything we wanted to do was up to us. (note I have not mentioned the condition of the water heater, that was a little surprise "gift with purchase!")
It could not have been any cleaner
All the original bins were still in the pull outs.
The bathroom was in perfect condition
The walls are in super shape.
We gave the man our money and we had ourselves a little Airstream!