1965 Airstream Safari

1965 Airstream Safari
Coming Home

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

All Quiet on the Western Front




With the holidays, work and chilly weather we haven't done much on our Airstream project lately.

A couple of Saturdays ago we had a nice warm day so I decided to tackle a couple of little things.
After chatting with several of my tile contractor friends and reading the blogs of other renovators,
 I decided to go ahead and grout my splash.  The goal is to keep the tile and grout from cracking 
while the trailer is being towed.  I deliberately kept it low.  It's just a little over 3" tall.  Then I decided
 I would use a poly/latex grout.  With that decision made, I jumped in.




On a side note, we are going to add a magnetic metal panel above the splash and cooktop.
A great place for extra storage and cuteness to flourish. 



I am super happy with my tile choice, it's neutral, hip and with the little metal accents
it looks very Airstreamy to me!

The other designerish thing was finally getting to hang the drapes.  The drapes were the first thing I 
made after we purchased the Airstream. They have been draped over the back of a chair in our guest 
room for months now.  With the major construction out of the way, I think Robert opted to throw me
a bone to keep me distracted and not pestering him about things like vents and water heaters.

So I put them up and they are adorable!  Just as cute as I imagined. 





I thought while I was on a roll I would just throw out the idea of putting in the mattress
(which could quickly be followed by more cute stuff.)  That idea was met with "the" look
and eye roll.  Back to waiting.  However it is still pleasantly warm for February and
I may just work on another little decorative item this weekend.
 Back to you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment